Sunday, August 29, 2010

Moms are the Best



Logan loves to ride her bike.  Last weekend she asked me to take her out on one of our long rides, but to be honest I was not feeling too well, so I kept saying tomorrow.  By Monday the weather was too hot (well over a 100) with no relief in site, so on Tuesday morning I woke her up at 6:00 to go on a morning ride.  We had a great time. We talked about the fresh air, the clear lake, and even solved some of the worlds problems.  About half way through out ride Logan called back to me that her shoelaces has become stuck in her pedal and as a consequence she had toppled over.  I stopped, as any caring father would, picked her up, brushed the dust off, untangled her shoe lace, retied it, and got her back on her bike.  She then looked directly at me and said, "Thanks Mom."  She immediately realized her mistake and said, "sorry Dad, but since you are always at work, Mom does all this kind of stuff." Moms are the best!

1 comment: