Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Logan Sings "Slowly"

Another great concert. Another great solo. I went to the show last night eagerly anticipating hearing all the songs Logan and her choir had been practicing for months. I would sit there as a father, beaming with pride at my talented daughter (No bias there). The experience was just what I thought it would be and a lot more. I was very touched by Logan's choir teacher, Clair Mix. She has dedicated her whole life to music and to teaching kids about value to learning to sing and to have fun doing it, in fact, she composed most of the songs the children performed. Clair also has Parkinson's disease, which to understate things, has made the very normal things difficult. Despite her illness she is there for the kids, encouraging them and teaching them to be enthusiastic about music.

I have attached a small portion of her song. You will notice Logan forgets the words in a couple of places. For some reason she did that throughout the song, which is why Mrs. Mix is there beside her to offer her support. At the end you will hear her say, "It's all about having fun and not remembering the words." I was truly inspired!

1 comment:

  1. Logan has such amazing talent! You are blessed to have such an amazing woman teaching your child. I think we should all be more grateful for the teachers in our lives! :)

    ReplyDelete