Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We've got rats!

Two of them actually. Mia and I made the mistake of telling Mikell we are thinking about getting him a rat for his birthday. For years he has been begging for a dog, turtle, gerbil, anything with four legs that he can pet and love. Late on Saturday Mikell and I had a disagreement (not unusual) and I wanted to talk with him before we went to sleep to make things right. I did so and dropped the "rat bomb" on him and for the next two nights he hardly slept. He would lay in bed until 1:00 in the morning and then wake up at 4:00 thinking about rats the whole time. It was my fault, so I thought what the heck, and we spent family home evening at Petco.  So far so good, except for the Rats. They probably never expected so much love!

Meet Thimble (above) and Nibbles (Right)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of pets! It is only uphill from here. You will eventually have a dog - trust me. :)

    ReplyDelete